Suzuki Summer Program for Cello, Viola, and Violin
Continue what you've been learning in your Suzuki lessons and classes throughout the summer with this unique one-week program!
What is Suzuki on the Hill?
Powers is excited to offer this week-long summer program for Suzuki students to continue building skills and friendships through concentrated music study and recreation. Enrollment is open to violin, viola, and cello students, from age 6 to advanced players, Book 1 and higher, who currently study with a Suzuki teacher.
The daily schedule will incorporate Suzuki group classes, master classes and supervised practice time, theory, chamber music, art, and recreation. All students will have solo performance opportunities, and will also participate in a final Suzuki Group Recital.
Students have the opportunity to further their skills and love of music in a fun and supportive atmosphere. The week together provides motivation, learning, and enjoyment for all.
Suzuki students ages 6-15, Book 1 and higher
Core Faculty & Staff: Sarah Bacon, Artistic Director, violin; Madalyne Cross, violin and viola; Ellery Klein, fiddle; Dawn Scaltreto, art
- Monday - Friday, July 24 - 28, 2017
- Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Suzuki Group Recital: Informal concert on Friday, July 28
Sample Daily Schedule:
- 8:30-9:00 Student Drop-off
- 9:00-9:50 Group Class
- 10:00-11:00 Masterclass / Supervised Practice
- 11:00-11:20 Snack
- 11:20-12:15 Performance Class / Fiddle
- 12:15-1:30 Lunch / Recreation
- 1:30-2:15 Creative Art / Music Theory
- 2:25-3:10 Creative Art / Music Theory
- 3:20-4:00 Play-in / Games / Chamber Music
- 4:00-4:15 Student Pick-up
Ready to Register?
You will be asked to create an account with ASAP if you are not a current Powers student.
Register by Mail:
(Also complete and submit a Summer 2017 Financial Aid application if you are interested in applying for financial aid.) Having trouble viewing our PDF forms? Download Adobe Reader here for free.