(Age 3 1/2 with permission)
Get a jump-start to the Suzuki program with this introductory class for little ones.
Our next class begins Februrary 2017!
A precursor to the Suzuki method of private instruction
Following the Suzuki model, students will work with box instruments to promote muscle and fine motor skill development. The instructor will work with parents to determine when each student is ready to use a real instrument. This program is a great introduction to a musical instrument and provides a foundation for further study on any instrument. A parent/caregiver is required to attend all classes. Learn how to practice at home with your child!
Age 4 (Age 3 1/2 may enroll with permission of instructor)
Students must be 4 by the first day of class. Students younger than 4 may be permitted to register with permission of instructor.
Spring Semester: 15 classes
Tuition: $390 per semester (includes box instrument)
Instructors: Erica Klein, cello; Sarah Bacon, violin; Guan-Ting Liao, violin
- Saturdays, 11:45 am - 12:15 pm (Bacon), 2/4/17 - 6/3/17
Ready to Register? Use the buttons below to register online (by credit card), or by mail (by check or credit card number).
Suzuki Musical Kids Guidelines:
- Minimum age is 4 years. Students ages 3 1/2 - 4 may enroll with permission of instructor.
- Only box instruments are used until students have been placed into the Suzuki program and have started with a private teacher.
- Box instrument is provided by the instructor (cost covered by the Materials Fee).
- This class is one semester only. Upon completion, students move to the Suzuki program. Should the Suzuki Program not be the appropriate program for the parent and the child, please contact the School's Executive and Artistic Director to discuss alternative music programs suitable for young children.
- Parents attend the first two Suzuki Musical Kids Classes without the student. If the parent is not able to attend the class without the child, the parent can instead attend the first evening Parent Education Class given on scheduled Wednesdays evenings in September for parents new to the Suzuki Program. Once the student graduates from the Suzuki Musical Kids Class and moves on to the Suzuki program, parents will complete the Wednesday evening Parent Education Classes. Additional Parent Education Classes will also be offered in late January for new Suzuki private lesson students.
- Parents are required to observe 1 private and 1 group lesson of a Suzuki teacher of their choice during the semester of taking the Suzuki Musical Kids class. A list of lessons available to observe will be provided by the School's Registrar.