Ready to register for lessons? Click here to download a Fall/Spring 2013-2014 Registration Form!
Private lessons are the core of music education. Lessons are offered for adults, teenagers, and children ages 5 and older, at all levels. Age 4 students are eligible to take private lessons in Dalcroze Eurhythmics Piano, Suzuki cello, viola, violin, or guitar. Private lessons require a commitment from the student as well as from the family.
Free Placement Consultations New prospective students are encouraged to contact the School for free placement consultations to help advise them in their musical studies. New student information sheets are available on our website and should be completed prior to scheduling a placement appointment.
Interested in a string instrument? Powers offers the Suzuki method of instruction, where students learn by listening, daily repetition, and parental guidance and encouragement. We also offer the Mark O'Connor Method for violin which uses American music such as blues, rock, fiddle. It is based on technical excellence, but also exposes the student to improvisation, chordal awareness and FUN!
Fall & Spring 2013-2014
Ages 5 - Adult (all levels)
Academic Year: September 2013 - June 2014 (34 weeks)
During the academic year, private lessons are a full school year of 34 weeks running from September - June (tuition is for the 34 weeks). Fees are pro-rated for private lesson students entering after the start of the school year.
Private lessons are available for the following: acoustic/electric bass, banjo, bassoon, cello, clarinet, composition, dulcimer, electronic keyboard, euphonium, fiddle, flute, French horn, guitar (all styles including bass guitar), harp (lap and folk), harpsichord, jazz (various instruments), music therapy, oboe, organ, penny whistle, percussion, piano (all styles), recorder, saxophone, trombone, trumpet, tuba, viola da gamba, viola, violin, and voice.
Academic Year 2013-14 Tuition:
- 30-minute lessons: Total tuition: $1,479 (2 payments of $739.50)
- 45-minute lessons: Total tuition: $2,108 (2 payments of $1,054)
- 60-minute lessons: Total tuition: $2,788 (2 payments of $1,394)
The fall semester private lesson tuition along with the $30 per student/$50 per family annual registration fee must be paid in full at the time of registration. For more information about Payment Options, please see our Policies and Procedures section: click here.
Tuition Rates include:
- 34 weeks of private music lessons and theory training
- Option to select orchestra, chorus, or music theory elective for only $100 per semester that includes performances during the academic year.
- Multiple performance opportunities during the year.
- Written student evaluation at the end of each semester
- Opportunity to perform in Festivals and Camber Music and Group Performance programs
- If needed, free accompaniment rehearsal time prior to a recital or a student's performance
Prospective students should contact the School for free placement consultations to help advise them in their musical studies. Call (617) 484-4696 to schedule your appointment. Click here to download a new student inquiry form to complete and bring to the meeting.
For more information about registration, please contact the Registrar at 617-484-4696, or via e-mail at email@example.com