Thank you so much to everyone who participated in, attended, or contributed to our March Performathon at Barnes & Noble on Saturday, March 5th! We're so thankful for your support and hope you will follow our fundraising efforts for financial aid this spring.
Special thanks to corporate sponsor Watertown Savings Bank for their support of the Financial Aid Scholarship program at Powers!
What is Performathon?
Performathon includes all-day performances by Powers students and faculty, from beginning to advanced and from children to adults. As in past years, in collaboration with Barnes & Noble Bookfairs, a percentage of the Burlington store's sales and online purchases made on Performathon weekend will benefit Powers Music School. Those funds will go towards the Financial Aid program and our Annual Fund, money that will help our students along their musical journeys.
Powers Music School is committed to making its programs accessible to all interested students who desire a quality music education. Performathon helps us ensure that funds are available so we can assist all students who apply and qualify for Financial Aid Scholarships.
Performathon was the first event in our spring Crescendo fundraising initiative! Our goal during Crescendo (part of our 2015-2016 Annual Fund) is to raise an additional $31,000 to enable our school to award a total of $50,000 in financial aid this year.
Here's how you can help!
- Make a purchase in-store at Barnes & Noble Burlington on Saturday, March 5, and either mention "Powers Music School" or present a voucher (print a voucher here!) at checkout.
- Shop online on Saturday, March 5 at www.bn.com/bookfairs. On the payment page, scroll to the bottom and choose "check this box if it is a bookfair order" and enter our Bookfair ID #11631595. (If signed in to your BN.com account, you may need to click "change" on the payment section and then scroll down to the bottom.)
Any student interested in performing on March 5th should contact their teacher. Teachers can sign students up for a performance time slot using our online sign-up form. We hope you'll participate in our school fundraiser as well, and cheer your students on!
Powers Students & Families:
Sign up to perform!
Any student interested in performing on March 5th should contact their teacher.
Fundraise to win a $100 iTunes gift card!
Print a 2016 Sponsor Sheet or pick one up at Powers (396 or 380 Concord Avenue buildings) to collect donations from friends and family for financial aid scholarships. You can fundraise on your own or make it a family effort!
Turn in your sponsor sheet (and any donations you collect) by May 31 or before, in one of the following ways:
- in-person at the Powers administrative office (396 Concord Avenue)
- by mail (P.O. Box 398, Belmont, MA, 02478)
- in-person at one of the performance events listed on our Donate webpage
The student or family who raises the most money for financial aid by May 31, 2016 will win a $100 iTunes gift card! You can turn in donations at any time and continue with a new sponsor sheet.
Community Members and Businesses
Interested in sponsoring Performathon? Call us at 617-484-4696 for more information on how you can help!