Important Items for the Year
Need a refresher on the important details, events, and policies for the year? Your students and families rely on you for accurate information about Powers, so brush up when you have a few minutes!
Click here to access the Student Evaluation Form! Please submit an evaluation for each student individually.
Have a question or need to get in touch with a Powers staff member? Here's who to call:
- For registration, ASAP, and scheduling questions - Cassandra Shelton, Registrar, 617-484-5750Email Cassandra
- For events, performances, and music questions - Dr. Daniel Acsadi, Director of Music, 617-484-5752 Email Dan
- For marketing, Powers newsletters, faculty bios/photos, and the Powers website - Kelly Webber, Director of Marketing & Communications, 617-484-4696 Email Kelly
- Tristan Bouchard, Office Manager, 617-484-4696 Email Tristan
- Helen Clapp Stevenson, Executive & Artistic Director, 617-484-4696 Email Helen
Orchestra & Ensembles
Our orchestras and ensembles are a great way to supplement everything you teach your students. We hope you will consider talking to them about joining a group program at Powers, to help them build confidence, character, and musicianship in addition to what they are already learning from you in their private lessons.
- Chamber ensembles (age 9+)
- Piano duos / Sonata duos (age 9+)
- Jazz ensemble (open to all instruments, age 9+)
- Rock band (age 9+)
- Fiddle, harpsichord, and guitar ensembles (age 9+)
- MYSP Preparatory String Orchestra (ages 9-13)
- MYSP Chamber Orchestra (ages 12-18)
Your students can schedule a placement audition for ensembles on this page, or for MYSP on this page.
Theory classes can help your students get more from their private lesson time and progress even faster with newly gained sight-reading and musicianship skills. Instructor Geneviève Leclair explains in more detail why theory is important - read her advice for students here.
Are your students performing this year?
Our student performances and events are coming up quickly - keep an eye on our Student Concert page for sign-up details as they become available, and be sure to check back for information about our annual festivals:
ASAP Training & Tips
We're launching our new online registration and database system! Here are a few guides with information that will help you use the system. Let us know if you have questions about how to use features of ASAP.
Logging In to ASAP:
Click here to get to the ASAP log-in page, or type this into your web browser: https://app.asapconnected.com/login.aspx, then type your last name followed by your first initial in the username box. To generate a new secure password, click the "Forgot login info?" link, then choose "Forgot password." Type your email address in the box, and click Submit. You will receive an email from ASAP within 10 minutes with a temporary password - go back to the login page above and log in. In the left sidebar, click "Configure" then "My Settings" to choose a new password. If you need help with your username and password, contact Evan! He can help you easily set up your login information.
Checking Your Teaching Schedule:
- From your faculty homepage, you can view a list of your classes and lessons under in the green box in the "Schedule" tab.
- To see your schedule as a calendar view, click on the "View Schedule" link at the bottom of your homepage, which will take you to the calendar. Here you can choose whether to view by Day, Week, or Month, and then select a date range at the top left to see other weeks. To get back to your homepage, use your browser's Back button, or click the ASAP logo at the top left.
Contacting Your Students:
Here's how to find contact information for your students:
You can look up any student at Powers by typing his or her first or last name in the search box in the left sidebar. OR...
If you are looking for a student in one of your Group Classes:
- From your homepage, click on the Group Classes tab to see a list of your classes. Click on the class name. You'll see the list of students in the "Class Roster" tab. From here, click on the student's first name to find their primary contact phone and email address.
If you are looking for one of your private lesson students:
- From your homepage, click on the Private Lessons tab to see a list of your lessons. Click on the lesson name. You'll see the student's name in the green box - click on it to find their primary contact phone and email address.
Here are some guides that go into more detail about some of the tasks above. If you have any questions, contact us at 617-484-4696. (Having trouble viewing our PDF forms? Download Adobe Reader here for free.)