As of March 15, 2013, Powers has the following positions available:
(1) Part-Time Accountant:
Part-time accounting position is available immediately. The position will be oversee the financial systems of a large non-profit community music school. The position will work approximately 8 hours each week (preferably two afternoons or two mornings per week). Day and hours of work will be arranged by the successful candidate. Duties include payroll administration, bi-weekly check distribution, and monthly bank reconciliations. Additional duties include:
1. Overseeing all accounts payable and receivable.
2. Overseeing all cash and credit card transactions
3. Monthly bank reconciliations
4. Prepare bi-weekly payroll of 60+ employees to be called into ADP.
5. Provide weekly financial reports to the Executive Director
6. Weekly income reconciliations of Quickbooks to the Database in Filemaker.
7. Prepare all 1099 and 1042 tax forms.
8. Assist the Executive Director in HR responsibilities.
9. Work with the School’s CPA/Auditors in quarterly and year-end reporting.
Degree in accounting plus a minimum of 6 years experience. Must have extensive experience in accounting and thorough working knowledge of Quick Books. Experience with a Filemaker a plus.
TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION:
Send Resume, Cover Letter and 3 references to:
Helen Clapp Stevenson, Executive and Artistic Director
Powers Music School
No phone calls please.